A healthy snack with only 3 ingredients!
If you add protein powder it can be a good breakfast option too, for days when you’re on the go.
Heads up: without gluten these muffins won’t rise, but are still healthy and delicious.
2 ½ cups brown rice flour (1 cup can be hemp or rice protein powder, or for a grain-free option use almond flour)
2 tsp baking powder (optional)
1 ½ cups (about 2 large or 4 small) mashed ripe bananas
- Preheat oven at 350oF
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl, then add the dry ingredients to make a nice dough
- Line a 12-muffin tray with muffin cups or lightly grease the tray with coconut oil
- Place about 1/3 cup of dough in each muffin cup
- Bake for 45 minutes (or until muffin surfaces are firm and dry)
- Allow to cool before removing from tray
Hayley Shwaizer, CNP (recipe courtesy of: Randall, Rose Marie, 1976 from her book The Nine Biggest Problem Foods - and how to live without them, RoR Books, 2006)