Recipe from Ilona Napravnik CNP
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic, coarsely chopped
½ small onion, diced (about ¼ cup)
1 small carrot, cut into rounds
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
1 small head broccoli, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 5-6 cups)
4 cups water **
Pinch of salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, heat oil on medium. Saute garlic, onion, carrot, and spices for 3-5 minutes, until soft.
- Trim and coarsely chop broccoli. Add broccoli and water to pot and simmer, covered, on low for 15 minutes (until broccoli is soft).
- Uncover and cool for 5-10 minutes. Place in blender and puree until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
**for an extra immune boost, instead of water use alkalizing broth, as follows:
One cup of the following, cut in small pieces – organic celery, green beans, zucchini and potatoes (all organic).
1) Bring to a boil for 3 minutes in 1 litre of water.
2) Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
3) Strain & throw away vegetables
“The Source: Beat Fatigue, Power Up your Health and Feel Ten Years Younger”
Woodson Merrell, M.D. with Kathleen Merrell Random House Canada 2008 p. 303